There are three newsletters published by the Principal Youth Court Judge. The latest newsletters are featured and available to download from this page. Previous issues dating back to 2001 are also available to download.
If you wish to subscribe to the Youth Court newsletters, Court in the Act and the Rangatahi Courts' Newsletter please click the button below:
This quarterly newsletter co-ordinated by the Principal Youth Court Judge has been published since 2001 and contains news, research and events around youth justice and the Youth Court.
The 84th issue of the Youth Court newsletter includes:
- “Titiro whakamuri, kōkiri whakamua”: an editorial by Youth Court Judge Tony FitzGerald;
- Youth Justice Notice Board including information about upcoming events and conferences;
- An update of recent international developments by Dr Nessa Lynch;
- Comment by Principal Youth Court Judge John Walker on the application of Youth Court learnings to young adults in the District Court;
- Recent appointment of Chief District Court Judge Heemi Taumaunu; and
- Recent research and publications.
Download the latest issue: Issue 84 PDF (1.5 MB)
The newsletter of the Rangatahi Courts informs and updates readers about the Rangatahi Courts operating throughout Aotearoa New Zealand. Content includes:
Tēnā, noho mai, pānui mai, whakaarohia mai. Issue 11 — Pepuere, 2020 PDF (2.8 MB)
Prior to March 2016, summaries of important Youth Court decisions were published in the Youth Court Law Review. The latest Youth Court Review containing summaries of decisions from December 2015 to March 2016 is now available to download.