There are three newsletters published by the Principal Youth Court Judge. The latest newsletters are featured and available to download from this page. Previous issues dating back to 2001 are also available to download.
This quarterly newsletter co-ordinated by the Principal Youth Court Judge has been published since 2001 and contains news, research and events around youth justice and the Youth Court.
In this issue:
- Editorial: Community mobilisation (Judge Walker);
- Some thoughts about reading (Barbara Matthews, Lay Advocate);
- OCC Media Release: State of Care Report (Office of the Children's Commissioner;
- Specialist Foster Care for Children and Young People on Remand (Oranga Tamariki);
- Interview with Allan Boreham — the new DCE Youth Justice Services (Oranga Tamariki);
- SPECIAL REPORT: An Introduction to the Youth Offending Risk Assessment Tool (Police Youth Aid);
- SPECIAL REPORT: Positive Behaviour For Learning (PB4L) — Restorative Practice in Schools (Ministry of Education);
- World first tool getting youth on the right PARTH (Massey University School of Social Work);
- An introduction to Ngā Taiohi, the secure inpatient mental health unit (Ministry of Health);
- Neurodisability Tendencies Checklist (Dyslexia Foundation);
- Latest Youth Justice Research and Publications.
Download the latest issue: Issue 77 (2.6 MB)
The newsletter of the Rangatahi Courts informs and updates readers about the Rangatahi Courts operating throughout Aotearoa New Zealand.
The latest issue of Ngā Kōti Rangatahi - News, stories and events from the Rangatahi Courts and Pasifika Courts - is now available. Content includes:
- A reflection of 2016 achievements
- An introduction to the Principal Youth Court Judge John Walker, and two new Youth Court Judges, James Johnston and Soana Moala.
- A report on the wānanga held at Te Kōti Rangatahi ki Mātaatua
- Reports from international conferences: Seattle and Australia
- Latests statistics on the over-representation of rangatahi Māori in the Youth Courts
Tēnā, noho mai, pānui mai, whakaarohia mai. Issue 9 — Hakihea 2016 pdf (3.75 MB)
Prior to March 2016, summaries of important Youth Court decisions were published in the Youth Court Law Review. The latest Youth Court Review containing summaries of decisions from December 2015 to March 2016 is now available to download.