There are three newsletters published by the Principal Youth Court Judge. The latest newsletters are featured and available to download from this page. Previous issues dating back to 2001 are also available to download.
If you wish to subscribe to the Youth Court newsletters, Court in the Act and the Rangatahi Courts' Newsletter please click the button below:
This quarterly newsletter co-ordinated by the Principal Youth Court Judge has been published since 2001 and contains news, research and events around youth justice and the Youth Court.
The 83rd issue of the Youth Court newsletter includes:
“An Opportunity for Change”: an editorial by Judge John Walker, Principal Youth Court Judge;
Notice Board - including information relating to seminars on the upcoming changes to the Oranga Tamariki Act 1989;
Youth Court statistics and figures;
“Prenatal Alcohol Exposure”, a paper authored by Dr Andi Crawford; and
- Recent research and publications.
Download the latest issue: Issue 83 PDF (4.7 MB)
The newsletter of the Rangatahi Courts informs and updates readers about the Rangatahi Courts operating throughout Aotearoa New Zealand. Content includes:
- A reflection on the Whangārei Rangatahi Court opening by Kaiwhakawā Heemi Taumaunu, National Rangatahi Court Liaison Judge.
- He Whakahōnore: alumni awards and recent judicial appointments
- He Ripoata: ‘Taking lessons from the Rangatahi Courts: Principal Youth Court Judge John Walker’s reflections’.
- Updates for Lay Advocates.
- Hui Whakanui — Ngā Kōti Rangatahi. Celebrating 10 years of Rangatahi Courts.
- Latest statistics on the over-representation of rangatahi Māori in the Youth Courts.
- Photos from the launch of the 15th Rangatahi Court in Whangārei.
Tēnā, noho mai, pānui mai, whakaarohia mai. Issue 10 — Maere 2018 PDF (8 MB)
Prior to March 2016, summaries of important Youth Court decisions were published in the Youth Court Law Review. The latest Youth Court Review containing summaries of decisions from December 2015 to March 2016 is now available to download.