There are three newsletters published by the Principal Youth Court Judge. The latest newsletters are featured and available to download from this page. Previous issues dating back to 2001 are also available to download.
This quarterly newsletter co-ordinated by the Principal Youth Court Judge has been published since 2001 and contains news, research and events around youth justice and the Youth Court.
In this issue:
- Editorial: Christchurch Youth Court (Judge Walker);
- Children and young people’s comprehension of the Rights Caution in New Zealand (Victoria University of Wellington);
- Remand Option Investigation Tool (Oranga Tamariki);
- SPECIAL REPORT: Police-Tūhoe youth initiative wins top award;
- SPECIAL REPORT: Red Hook Community Justice Center, Brooklyn, New York (Kate Peirse-O'Byrne);
- Legal update: Doli incapax;
- Latest Youth Justice Research and Publications.
Download the latest issue: Issue 78 (1.94 MB)
The newsletter of the Rangatahi Courts informs and updates readers about the Rangatahi Courts operating throughout Aotearoa New Zealand.
The latest issue of Ngā Kōti Rangatahi - News, stories and events from the Rangatahi Courts and Pasifika Courts - is now available. Content includes:
- A reflection of 2016 achievements
- An introduction to the Principal Youth Court Judge John Walker, and two new Youth Court Judges, James Johnston and Soana Moala.
- A report on the wānanga held at Te Kōti Rangatahi ki Mātaatua
- Reports from international conferences: Seattle and Australia
- Latests statistics on the over-representation of rangatahi Māori in the Youth Courts
Tēnā, noho mai, pānui mai, whakaarohia mai. Issue 9 — Hakihea 2016 pdf (3.75 MB)
Prior to March 2016, summaries of important Youth Court decisions were published in the Youth Court Law Review. The latest Youth Court Review containing summaries of decisions from December 2015 to March 2016 is now available to download.